The Gowanda Central School Counseling Center services students academically, socially, and emotionally. The center provides guidance to students as they progress through our three schools. Our Middle and High School Counseling Centers are a hub for scheduling, course selection, access to academic/assessment information, and post graduate planning.
Grades 5-12 currently use Schoology as their learning management system. Here students and parents can access such things as daily learning targets, lesson resources, class information, daily grades, averages, and communications
- Click on “sign up” and “parent”.
- You will need your child’s 12 digit access code from the school.
- Enter your email information.
- Please contact Candace Phillips at x6119 or email her at email@example.com for access codes or any other help. This video walk through will be of some assistance. (video)
Student Accounts – All students usernames are graduation year + first name + last initial with the student’s common password.
ESchool Data is used to house student data such as schedules, progress reports, report cards, transcripts, attendance, and discipline.
- You will need one of your child’s 9 digit I.D. #.Once your account is approved you will automatically gain access to all of your children.
- To ensure that you will receive emails from the portal, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. Once your account is approved you will receive an email notifying you of your approval.
- Parent Portal is reviewed daily for request for new accounts. If you do not receive an email within a few days of applying, please contact Carol Denny at 532-3325 Ext. 6018 or email email@example.com.
Student Portal – Student usernames are graduation year + first name + last initial with the student’s common password.
High School Course Offerings
Gowanda High School strives to support students in college and career readiness by offering a firm academic foundation upon which to build further pursuits. We offer multiple programs and electives to appeal to student interest and aptitude.
Testing Information and Review
Please refer to our HS Counseling Calendar for test dates and locations. The Gowanda High School Code for the SAT/ACT is 332150.
If students plan to visit a college, they must get a permission slip from the Guidance Office, obtain a parent signature and then receive approval from the HS Principal, prior to their attending the college visit. A college official must fax the form back to the main office or it will not be counted as an excused absence.
“Visiting” Colleges and Universities When You Just Can’t Get There: Although actually walking around a campus is the best way to experience what life is like in each campus environment, it is not always possible. To help students who cannot travel to the campus, many colleges and universities offer “virtual tours”. From links on the colleges’ Websites, or from sites like www.ecampustours.com, students can virtually see and “tour” the campus.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Night Presentation/Information (hosted by SUNY Fredonia)
- Links for Financial Aid, Scholarships & More!
- Scholarship Database
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery): Although this test is only required for those seeking to enter a branch of the military, it is a test that most Juniors in the past have elected to take. The vocational information it provides makes it extremely useful as a career search tool. Please note: although this test is used by military recruiters to appropriately place enlistees in various programs, it is administered and scored by our Guidance Counselors. Score reports are sent directly to the test taker and the guidance office. Students can sign up in the High School Guidance Office during the weeks prior to the test. There is no fee for this test. Further information can be found at www.asvabprogram.com.
Parents who wish to request homework due to student illness after multiple days of absences are to contact us and make arrangements to pick up that work from the office prior to 3:00 pm.
- Elementary School – Please contact the child’s teacher.
- Middle School – For a minimum of 2 full days of absence contact the MS Main Office (x5003) no later than 10:00am.
- High School– For a minimum of 3 full days of absence contact the HS Counseling Office (x6014) no later than 8:30am
REPORT CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT BY TELEPHONE OR ONLINE
Toll Free telephone number for the Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-342-3270
Website for the NYS Office of Children and Family Services: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps
SE PUEDE INFORMAR EL ABUSO O NEGLIGENCIA INFANTIL POR TELÉFONO O EN LÍNEA
Número telefónico gratuito del Child Abuse Hotline (La Línea Nacional Contra el Abuso de los Niños): 1-800-342-3270
El sitio web de la oficina de servicios infantiles y familiars del Estado de Nueva York: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/cps/default_spanish.asp
To request a High School Transcript you may choose to fill out the digital form below OR email or fax the following information to Department Keyboard Specialist, Mrs. Janene Draegert;
- First, Middle & Last Name (maiden name if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Year of Graduation or the date left GHS
- Your Phone Number
- Address where the transcript or being mailed or faxed
Department Leader, HS Counselor
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6013
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6017
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6016
Department Keyboard Specialist
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6014
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5007
HS/MS Social Worker
(716) 532-3325 ext. 6012
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5008
(716) 532-3325 ext. 5005
MS Social Worker
(716)532-3325 x 5101
ES School Psychologist
(716) 532-3325 ext. 4122
ES Social Worker
(716) 532-3325 ext. 4165