March 27, 2020 – NYSED Letter to Families
March 25, 2020 – Emergency Full Day Childcare for Essential Workers- Register Here – Click Gowanda Middle
March 25 and 26 – Grade 5 and 6 Chromebook Pick Up Schedule
March 17, 2020 – Letter from Superintendent REVISED (Closure Updates) : GES Optional Packet Pick-Up information for Wednesday, 3/18.
March 16, 2020 – Letter Regarding School Meals
March 15, 2020 – District Closure Update
March 11, 2020 – COVID-19 Letter to Parents
March 4, 2020 – Coronavirus Letter to Parents
Home Learning Plans and Necessary Information
It is important for us to support your family in this break-in school attendance. We will be updating the information posted here often. Please check back regularly. We also will be reaching out to our families.
- Update your contact information. If your phone number has changed, we need to know.
- Please answer calls from school when you see it’s us on caller ID as we are calling to provide help and support.
- Set-Up or empty your voicemail. We would like to leave a message if you are unavailable.
To retrieve any of your child’s belongings or specific materials from school, call 532-3325 to make arrangements.
Spectrum is offering free internet to students without it. Information
Attached are materials to support student learning while at home;
- links to paper materials/packets.
- links to some great web-resources for practice and play.
- recommended schedules that you may choose to follow to support consistency and learning success.
These materials do not need to be returned to school.
Grade 5 and 6 Chromebook Pick Up Schedule – March 25 and 26
GHS is planning on providing instructional opportunities for students as we close for an extended period of time. We are planning for all scenarios and don’t want students to miss out. Teachers are providing optional assignments weekly until we return. Assignments on Schoology will be made available on Fridays for the following week. Paper-pick up will be available on Mondays from 7:30-2:00 pm at the GHS main office. Deliveries of paper assignments are being worked out and we can hopefully offer in less than a week.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC:COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Erie County Department of Health: http://www2.erie.gov/health/index.php?q=coronavirus
- NYS Education Department: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/schoolhealth/schoolhealthservices/coronavirus.html
- Cattaraugus County Department of Health: https://www.cattco.org/health